Education and Experience Caroline Kearns, Graphic Designer in Greensboro, NC.
Here are some things you might like to know about me if you're think about hiring me for a design job. Please contact me if you have any questions about my experience.
- A.A.S., Advertising and Graphic Design, and Advanced Certificate in Web Technologies, Guilford Technical Community College, Greensboro, NC 2015.
- B.A., English and Communications/Mass Media, Methodist University, Fayetteville, NC 1993.
- B.A., Art, Methodist University, Fayetteville, NC 1998.
- Graphic Designer, Greensboro Auto Auction, Greensboro, NC 2016 to present.
- Create and design full-page print ads for national magazines.
- Create and design digital ads for national placement (animated gifs).
- Create animations for display in auction lobby.
- Create oversized banners (typically 36” x 70”) for display during classic car auctions.
- Design covers for weekly auction books.
- Graphics Technician / Web-To-Print Specialist, Pace Communications E-Commerce Division, Greensboro, NC 2015 to 2016.
- Prepared files for web publication using Pageflex web-to-print software.
- Packaged files for printing using Pageflex, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Graphic Design Assistant, Pace Communications E-Commerce Division (Advanced Personnel), Greensboro, NC 2013 to 2015.
- Packaged mechanicals for digital printing using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
- Packaged mechanicals for dye sublimation printing using Adobe Photoshop.
- Sublimated photo frames and other products using heat press.
- Peer Tutor in Graphic Design, GTCC, Jamestown, NC 2014 to 2015.
- Graphic Design Intern, Greensboro Science Center, Greensboro, NC Aug. 2014 to Dec. 2014.
- Created collateral marketing materials and print layouts for a non-profit museum and zoo.
- Produced work that appeared on their website, in internet banner advertising, on internal signage, in print magazines (O Henry and Piedmont Parent), and elsewhere.
- Achieved a click-through rate 7.4 times the average on a web banner that appeared on the News and Record website in December 2014.
- Artist, ArtWorkByCaroline.com and CarolinesCats.com, Greensboro, NC 2007 to present.
- Sell reproductions of my original drawings on t-shirts, coffee cups, etc., through CafePress.
- Sell original drawings, intaglio prints, paintings, and stained glass panels.
- Digital Marketing Manager / Owner, Three Cats Home Decor, Greensboro, NC 2002 to 2007.
- Sold home decorating items that were drop-shipped by Specialty Merchandise Corporation.
- Designed company logo, website, digital banners, print catalogs, direct mail pieces, and more.
- Increased sales through website SEO, email blasts, and web banners.
- Front End Developer / Owner, Gallery Advertising, Fayetteville, NC 2000 to 2002.
- Maintained relations with clients, and supervised three to five graphic designers.
- Increased the sales and web presence of over 20 businesses.
- Conceptualized and presented new ideas while working within quick timelines.
- Director of Student Media, Methodist University, Fayetteville, NC 1998 to 2000.
- Mentored the editors of student print publications in an education environment.
- Produced the student newspaper and yearbook using Adobe Photoshop and PageMaker.
- Created newspaper layout and packaged mechanicals for printing.
Military ExperienceSergeant, Single-Channel Radio Operator (31C2P) U.S. Army, Ft. Bragg, NC 1985-1989. Honorably discharged.